Screening for Depression
1. Do you often experience feelings of despair, emptiness, or hopelessness for the most of the day?
2. Have you lost interest in, or enjoyment of, all, or almost all, activities that take up the majority of your day, virtually every day?
3. Have you seen a significant difference in your weight or hunger without dieting?
4. Do you regularly have insomnia or excessive drowsiness?
5. Would anyone who have witnessed you comment on your anxious or unusually sluggish movement?
6. Are you constantly drained of energy?
7. Do you experience feelings of worthlessness or intense guilt on a near-daily basis?
8. Do you have everyday difficulty thinking clearly, focusing, or forming judgments?
9. Do you have recurrent thoughts of suicide, such as "I want to die," suicidal ideation in the absence of a plan, or suicidal ideation with a plan?
***Does any of the above give you considerable distress or limit your ability to perform in social, occupational, or other critical areas?
If you answered "yes" to five or more of the questions AND the last one, you likely have depression and should get help.
If you answered "yes" to any of the bolded questions, you should seek professional help.
If you answered "yes" to three or more questions, you should be worried, regardless of whether you have been diagnosed with depression.
If you answered "yes" to at least two non-bold questions, your issue is most likely not due to depression.
*The preceding questions are based on the DSM-5, or Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, Fifth Edition, which is one of the primary textbooks used in the United States' diagnostic process.
If you are having suicide thoughts, discuss them with a trusted loved one or a mental health professional.
If you have thoughts like, "I want to die" or anything similar, please get help as soon as possible. You can visit livechattherapy.com for free therapy, or you can text "home" to 714714 for free 24/7 text-based crisis counseling. On a lighter note, welcome to supplement city! We have a lot of supplement deals and we currently recommend the following supplements: detox pills, OTC anxiety medication, TMG, Bamboo Extract, Hyaluronic Acid Powder, hydrolyzed collagen, TMG, and lime essential oil. Those are currently our best supplement deals, here at Supplement city. TMG is one of our most popular supplements, so you'll want to get that one fast.